Assistant Branch Manager - The Timber Group
As an Assistant Branch Manager, you will be expected to provide great service to our customers, we’re looking for people like us; people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
It’s important that our customers get their deliveries on time, every time, but as well as providing a dependable service, you will be responsible for all health & safety at the Branch.
Lastly, you will be looking to maintain and grow your customer database to help increase your sales and beat your targets.
Tasks & Activities
* Ensuring your customers receive an amazing customer service
* Assisting the Branch Manager with managing the depot team to get the very best out of each person
* Ensure the Branch teams are trained and kept up to date on product knowledge
* Ensure all the required regulatory mandatory training is completed and kept up to date
* Supporting the Branch manager with completion of annual colleague reviews and appraisals
* Working with the Branch Manager to actively increase sales opportunities for new, lapsed, and existing customers
* Meet and beat your Branch targets, along with generating new customers
* Along with the Branch manager being responsible for all Health & Safety at your Branch
* Having overall accountability for making sure that the depot maintains high operating standards
* Overall responsibility for Cash Handling / Banking
* Managing your stock effectively and properly utilising your vehicles
* Assisting with managing and coordinating the Branch stock take twice a year
* Directly responsible for the company compliance within the Branch
* Any other requirements set by your Line Manager
Skills & Experience
* Excellent skills at building relationships with key customers and suppliers
* Experience of working in a target driven environment
* Great people management with experience of leading and managing teams
* Knowledge of our products
* Experienced in receiving monthly P&L’s
* Great planning and organisational skills
* Full Driver’s license
What Do We Offer?
* Competitive rates of pay
* 31 days holiday (23 days plus bank holidays)
* Family friendly working hours, we have no late nights, hours reflect branch opening
* Company discretionary bonus scheme
* Company contributory pension scheme
* Colleague Discount card covering all group business
Hundreds of retail discounts on our benefits system, covering all available colleague benefits*
* Career progression offering a range of development programs and training courses
* Being part of a successful and ambitious team
Who are TTG?
Originally formed from the merger of 3 leading Timber Importers & Merchants in London & the South East (Beaumont Forest Products, T. Brewer and L&G Forest Products) back in 2019 and have over 100 combined years in the timber industry. Operating from strategically placed branches in the South of England, all aspects of the timber trade are covered at these branches including sawmilling and specialist machining. At The Timber Group, we are passionate about the use of wood in the construction and building industry and we set the standard with sustainable and environmental values that run through the core of our company.
Ambitious Striving to always do things better tomorrow than we did today
We Value our People Our people are our greatest asset
Trustworthy and Responsible Committed to conducting our business in a socially responsible way
Being the best for our Customers Being our customers best supplier, makes us who we are
Entrepreneurial and Empowering Its new ideas that help us to innovate and stay ahead
Careers at The Timber Group. Be Part of a Better Tomorrow