Mill Assistant - The Timber Group
Ascot, SL5 8AZ
Assisting the Mill Supervisor in producing timber products using the following equipment:
* Cross cut
* Panel Saw
Typical Tasks & Activities
- Help in setting up machines and keeping all areas clean and tidy
- Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the mill operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
- To perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
Build a Career with TTG
Skills & Experience
Must be tidy and organised with an eye for detail.
Should be willing to be flexible in duties undertaken e.g., relief driver, trade counter, sales duties
Must be prepared to fully support the Branch at the bi-annual stock-take
Have experience working within a Timber or Builder’s Merchants
Hold a forklift truck licence
Experience of working within a timber mill is preferred
What Do We Offer?
* Competitive rates of pay
* 31 days holiday (23 days plus bank holidays)
* Family friendly working hours, we have no late nights, hours reflect branch opening
* Company discretionary bonus scheme
* Company contributory pension scheme
* Colleague Discount card covering all group business
Hundreds of retail discounts on our benefits system, covering all available colleague benefits*
* Career progression offering a range of development programs and training courses
* Full and part-time opportunities
* Being part of a successful and ambitious team
Who are TTG?
Originally formed from the merger of 3 leading Timber Importers & Merchants in London & the South East (Beaumont Forest Products, T. Brewer and L&G Forest Products) back in 2019 and have over 100 combined years in the timber industry.
Operating from strategically placed branches in the South of England, all aspects of the timber trade are covered at these branches including sawmilling and specialist machining. At The Timber Group, we are passionate about the use of wood in the construction and building industry and we set the standard with sustainable and environmental values that run through the core of our company.
Ambitious Striving to always do things better tomorrow than we did today
We Value our People Our people are our greatest asset
Trustworthy and Responsible Committed to conducting our business in a socially responsible way
Being the best for our Customers Being our customers best supplier, makes us who we are
Entrepreneurial and Empowering Its new ideas that help us to innovate and stay ahead
Careers at The Timber Group. Be Part of a Better Tomorrow