Van Driver - The Timber Group
Poole, BH12 3LY
The provision of a timely, friendly, and dependable delivery service to our customers. Act as an ambassador of The Timber Group, working as part of a team ensuring that our customers' expectations are not just met, but exceeded.
Tasks & Activities:
- Provide an efficient, timely and dependable delivery service.
- Ensure that the vehicle is road worthy by carrying out appropriate checks on a routine basis.
- Ensure that the vehicle, crane or forklift is driven and maintained in an appropriate and courteous manner and in line with legislation, health and safety guidelines and company policy.
- Report any vehicle, crane or forklift defects immediately to line/branch manager.
- Ensure that tachograph and other essential documents are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Build effective working relationships with customers acting as an ambassador for TTG.
- Responsible for ensuring all orders are correctly loaded onto the vehicle in line with health and safety procedures and proper documentation is completed prior to departure in order that goods can be tracked.
- Ensure that delivery notes have correct signatures as per company policy.
- Actively safeguard against theft of company goods or property by being security conscious at all times.
- To perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
Drive Your Career Forward with TTG
Skills & Experience
* Positive and can-do attitude
* Willingness to support other members of branch staff with Warehouse/Yard or any other duties
* Experience of multi-site deliveries
* Knowledge of our products
What Do We Offer?
* Competitive rates of pay
* 31 days holiday (23 days plus bank holidays)
* Family friendly working hours, we have no late nights, hours reflect branch opening
* Company discretionary bonus scheme
* Company contributory pension scheme
* Colleague Discount card covering all group business
Hundreds of retail discounts on our benefits system, covering all available colleague benefits*
* Career progression offering a range of development programs and training courses
* Full and part-time opportunities
* Being part of a successful and ambitious team
Who are TTG?
Originally formed from the merger of 3 leading Timber Importers & Merchants in London & the South East (Beaumont Forest Products, T. Brewer and L&G Forest Products) back in 2019 and have over 100 combined years in the timber industry.
Operating from strategically placed branches in the South of England, all aspects of the timber trade are covered at these branches including sawmilling and specialist machining. At The Timber Group, we are passionate about the use of wood in the construction and building industry and we set the standard with sustainable and environmental values that run through the core of our company.
Ambitious Striving to always do things better tomorrow than we did today
We Value our People Our people are our greatest asset
Trustworthy and Responsible Committed to conducting our business in a socially responsible way
Being the best for our Customers Being our customers best supplier, makes us who we are
Entrepreneurial and Empowering Its new ideas that help us to innovate and stay ahead
Careers at The Timber Group. Be Part of a Better Tomorrow